Sunday, May 24, 2015

Penance

Peace is a type of death, and
I have come alive.
There is no church to hide in,
no sanctuary.
They lock their doors, knowing that
the divine is outside,
in the air

The wind?
It says
risk everything and I've
got a lot,
oh yeah,
I've got a lot
to sacrifice.

Give it up here

Give up

I laid my confessions down
to rest at the feet of a
lonely priest.
He wasn't impressed.
He said, "Give me more"
The divine doesn't want
your pitiful
recounting of sins
when not once, 
not once did you 
stop to pray

But, I'll kiss the ground,baby
and more
I will lay myself down on 
that altar
and sacrifice
that good old fashioned way

But churches don't appreciate
offerings anymore.
They say, get out and don't forget 
to pray for 
God
damn 
forgiveness, 
because you are undeserving

But, I see the light

5/24/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment