Sunday, May 24, 2015

The Goddess Stripped

Dark night
she's dancing around
in my brain
the curve of her body
makes me wonder why
we've changed to worshipping
a man in a beard.

I can't really blame those men in robes.
I'd be afraid too
of her
possessing me
making me so filled with lust
that I'd sway at her feet
with lewd offerings

Dollars pass around
in baskets;
when a man is in awe
he never forgets to pitch in for her charity.
And the beauty of that
slanted smile;
for that,
he'll pay so dearly

Pure. naked. beauty.
The only sin, I think
here, darling,
is that we haven't built an alter fit for a goddess.
Instead, Aphrodite is stuck in strobe lights,
waiting for the downfall
of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost,
who sit here panting
while they should be out proselytizing.

5/26/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment