Wednesday, August 19, 2015

In That Green House in Buffalo

You are not the pain in the world.
You are
everything
right
with it.

Soft your love
Soft your lips
Underneath that tangle of roses
hanging from my windowsill
Hanging there
like my heart
ache
without you
So long ago
in the snow.
Waiting for your laughter to come back
which meant
waiting for my heart to open
again and
Waiting
to not be afraid
of you
Loving me.
You were lost
in your own skin
and was there any way to find you?
I didn't know
and I was
too afraid
of you never returning to yourself
And all of the fear that means
when we muffle
the sound
of that inner voice.

You are not the hurt in the world
You are the one who heals it
You
bring laughter to the darkest
of souls,
They are reborn in your light,
They come back from the gloom.
You bring excitement to my world
and words that flow and flow and flow
like the falls
crashing down in their
majestic outpouring
below us.
You bring wisdom that you don't know
will heal the hardest of hearts.

You are not the pain
You are the healer
of wounds.
Your own heart is open,
and you let everyone and everything in.
You are the hurt
That most wonderful hurt
that breaks us down
and moves us beyond barriers.
You stay
who
You are
and
Never
ever
Ever
let that
Fear
change you
because
You are everything right.

No comments:

Post a Comment